On average, there are 237,868 victims (age 12 or older) of rape and sexual assault each year. April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM), during which activists from all over the nation seek to raise awareness about sexual violence and educate individuals and communities about how to end it. This effort requires many voices – including yours! There are several ways you can get involved, and here are just a few:
- The National Sexual Violence Resource Center’s campaign this year focuses on healthy sexuality. On their site you can download a social media toolkit, learn how to become an agent of social change, and plan your own prevention campaign.
- Participate in #TweetAboutIt Tuesdays or #30DaysofSAAM throughout April with the NSVRC.
- Talk to your friends about sex, healthy relationships, and consent.
- Educate yourself about sexual abuse and sexual coercion.
- Learn more about how men can get involved via Men Can Stop Rape or Men Stopping Violence.
If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual assault and you need someone to talk to, contact loveisrespect 24/7 at 1-866-331-9474 or chat online at loveisrespect.org. It’s free, anonymous, and confidential.
why do greek gods have to fuck up so much shit god damn just stay on your mountain and eat your fucking ambrosia and leave people alone
and stop having sex with things you are not supposed to have sex with
we’re all looking at you here zeus
Too bad Zeus didn’t think to invent condoms. Shoulda asked the Trojans.